* clemency behavior in the fourth year of each term
* the month in which pardons tend to be granted
* historical data on clemency in each administration
* trends in the states where clemency recipients reside
* the record number of individual pardons granted in a single day
* notable acts of clemency throughout the entire scope of American history which are long forgotten, etc.
Want to get this kind of information elsewhere? Good luck with that! Call the Department of Justice, or the Office of the Pardon Attorney and see what you come up with. Try the Bureau of Justice Statistics even. You will be amazed at the hurdles you will discover.
In large part, the information provided on this blog is unique because the Editor is the only person who has ever gone through Microfilm Set T967 (National Archives), the Annual Reports of the Attorney General and a CD set released by the Office of the Pardon Attorney in order to create a researchable data set. We are, of course, highly interested in having these efforts reflect a high degree of care and accuracy and, for that reason, the data have, for years, been checked and re-checked, on a regular basis.